At Viotel, your privacy is important to us. Therefore, this policy sets out our compliance under the Privacy Act 1988.
the following clause:
- Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
Privacy Law means:
- The Act;
- The National Privacy Principles has been replaced effective 12/3/2014 by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- Contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 which amends the Privacy Act 1988 or any approved privacy code (as defined in the Act) that applies to Client, Voitel or both or known as the 'Party'; and
- Any other statue, regulation or law in Australia or elsewhere which relates to the protection of Personal Information and which Client or Viotel must observe.
- Personal Information means all information about a person that is 'personal information' as defined in the Act which is collected or held by either Party in connection with this Agreement.
Each party must use reasonable endeavours to:
- Observe the Privacy Law and any privacy protocol provided to that Party or person by the other Party in respect of all Personal information;
- Promptly follow any reasonable direction of the other Party in relation to Personal Information;
- Only use Personal Information for the purpose of this Agreement and not for the Party's own purposes;
- Ensure that only authorised personnel have access to Personal Information and all relevant personnel are properly trained to meet the requirements of this clause;
- Provide reasonable assistance to the other Party to enable it to resolve any inquiry or complaint relating to Personal Information; and
Immediately notify the other Party if:
- it knows of or suspects unauthorised use, copy or disclosure of Personal Information;
- it becomes aware that a disclosure of that Personal Information may be required by law; or any law prevents or may prevent it from performing its obligations under this clause.
- a data breach (Notifiable Data Breaches) is likely to result in serious harm to any individuals whose personal information is involved in the breach.